GarageBand comes with AIFF file format. However, users cannot export in this format as this is a very high-quality file format. Basically, An Mp3 file is the most widespread version of the music file that you see on the web. (It is quite flexible). It is the one that you’re going to use the most for whatever you’re doing. Mp3 is a standard kind of technology format that allows you to optimize your files. So we are going to tell you about how you can convert your AIFF file to mp3. We will be discussing two methods, so let’s get started.
Garageband to MP3 – Manual method
- In the first step, You have to save your file (The one which you want to convert) because In case if any problem occurs you have the backup with you.
- After that, You have to click on your file and tap on the “Save” option.
- After tapping, It will ask you where you want to save your file. ( I will recommend you to save in GarageBand only as in computer it takes too much space).
- Then, You have to tap on the share option ( It will display you many options but you have to choose the “Disc” option.
- After tapping on disk. You will see a new box containing many options, You have to choose Mp3.
- Then, tap on the “export” option. ( This might take a minute or two).
- Hurray, You have successfully converted your file to Mp3.
GarageBand to Mp3 using iTunes
GarageBand for PC produces high-quality files, Well AIFF formats provide you superior quality files than Mp3, but those files will take too much space in your computer. So let’s discuss another method.
- Firstly, You have to open your GarageBand files in iTunes, Then you have to drag and drop that file to iTunes library. ( You can also click on “file” and then add to the library).
- Then you have to go to “preferences”.
- After that, you have to “Import settings”.
- Then use Mp3 “encoder” and click Ok. ( You can also edit Bit rate, stereo mode and other settings from Mp3 encoder).
- Choose “custom” option to edit your audio quality.
- After that, You have to get back to iTunes, Right-click on your file and create Mp3 version of your file. ( You can easily see the progress of your files at the top of iTunes interface).
- Hurray! Your file is ready in Mp3 format.
How to Export files on your iPhone or iPad
Well, in this part, I am going to tell you how you share your finished GarageBand project as a song with the rest of the world. I will help you to create a record and release your best music. Now, before you can publish your music, you need to be able to export it. So, if like me you use GarageBand on your iPhone, iPad you need to know how to effectively export your GarageBand project as a song file. so that you can share it via email, message and save it to your files.
- Firstly, You have to tap on the top left corner of your GarageBand app.
- Now, You need to select bottom in the top right, We’ve got four icons You have to tap on the leftmost icon the square with the arrow (this the share button).
- After that, You have to go on share song settings, and you can see many options, you have to click on high quality.
- Then you have to tap on the “share” option.
- After clicking, In the first row, you have got the option of simply drop your file and share.
- In the second row, you’ll get the option to share your song with other apps like Facebook messenger, Email, SoundCloud etc. ( Make sure that the file you are sending is not very big as it will not be supported by these apps).
- If you want to share larger music files, than you can save it somewhere like iCloud, iTunes or other cloud sharing platforms.
- In the last row, you get many other options.
In my opinion, the best way of sharing your music is to store in on the cloud and then share it with others.